Three antifreeze methods of winter fruit trees
The annual temperature in winter and spring is low, and the management of fruit trees must pay attention to the prevention of frost damage. There are roughly three methods: physical methods, ecological methods, and chemical methods. The physical method is a method of directly freezing the fruit trees in the winter and spring seasons to prevent freezing damage. The effect is more significant. At present, most of the physical methods used by fruit farmers are:
(1) Covering crop straws, leaves, etc. between fruit trees, which can not only protect the grass, but also improve the ground temperature of the orchard covering method;
(2) a film coating method for laying a mulch film within a diameter of 1 m around the fruit tree;
(3) Before the winter, combined with winter tillage, the root system of the fruit tree is 15 cm;
(4) Before the arrival of the big freeze, wrap the trunk, the main branch with a straw rope, or the tree wrapping method of baling the trunk;
(5) After the heavy snow, shake off the snow on the tree to clear the snow.
The ecological law is a method to improve the ecological environment of fruit trees and prevent low temperature freezing damage through certain measures.
(1) Irrigation and antifreeze method, watering the fruit trees during the “freezing and freezing” of the soil before freezing, can not only achieve winter water use, prevent spring drought, promote the growth and development of fruit trees, and can store water during the winter. The ground temperature remains relatively stable, thereby reducing freezing damage.
(2) Fumigation antifreeze method, which should be adopted during the coldest night in winter. The fuel is preferably sawdust, clam shells, and straw. Ignite around 12 o'clock in the middle of the night, pay attention to control the fire, it is appropriate to use dark smoke. Generally, every 667 square meters of orchard can point to 3 to 4 burning points, so that the smoke completely covers the orchard. According to the measurement, the fumigation method generally increases the temperature by 3 to 4 °C.
(3) It can also create windbreaks. The use of windbreaks to improve the microclimate of orchards, reduce wind speed, and inhibit drought can reduce frost damage.
The chemical method artificially sprays a chemical compound having a certain function before freezing at low temperature, delays the flowering period of the fruit tree, increases the concentration of the tree juice, and the like, thereby enhancing the cold resistance. For example, spraying naphthalene acetic acid solution in early spring can delay the flowering period of the fruit tree for more than 5 days, thus avoiding the freezing damage.
There is a very effective way to prevent fruit trees from frosting. That is, put a certain amount of antifreeze candles in the orchard. This method is similar to the fumigation antifreeze method, but it is more economical than the fumigation antifreeze method.
TaBo is an anti-frost candles wholesaler from China. We can give you professional advice and high quality antifreeze candles for your fruit trees.
We receive enquiries in English, Español (Spanish), Русский язык (Russian), Français (French) and العربية (Arabic). Our professional team will reply to you within one business day. Please feel FREE to contact us!